We ALWAYS need volunteers! In fact, we could not do what we do without volunteers.
(Our Board of Directors are community minded and dedicated to our mission. Altrusa Women’s Service group helps us recognize OUR volunteers annually on Recognition Day. Court mandated Community Service teenagers help in the kitchen.)
YOU can help too! We always need assistance in:
- The Thrift Shop– running the register, keeping racks neat, price tagging items. We’re open roughly from 10- 2 Monday-Friday, and try to have 2 volunteers work at the same time, in 2 hour shifts. Must be good with the public. Get in touch with Karen, our fundraising coordinator.
- Delivering Meals on Wheels- Great way to bring happiness and social contact to a shut in senior. Our MOW drivers come in around 9:30 to pick up the meals, and it generally takes about 2 hours. You can volunteer for a route for just one day a week (we deliver Monday-Friday)! Some drivers do one day, some multiple days, some drivers actually deliver 5 days a week for us. We’re flexible. Contact the Nutrition Office.
- Serving in the Congregate Dining Room- We serve lunchtime meal Monday-Friday for approximately 65-70 seniors. It’s a way for them to get together for social interaction, besides getting a great meal. You’ll be setting tables, serving meals and cleaning up. But the best part is making new friends and meeting new people.
- Office Work- We do have a few limited openings for clerical office help. You might be filing, answering the telephone, answering questions from family members trying to get help for a parent, or scheduling someone’s bus trip to the doctor’s.
- Fundraising- Contact Karen for opportunities to volunteer for fundraisers.
- Programs- The Gibson Center Activities Program is as successful as it is because of volunteers like you, who share your talents. The list of programs is endless, and as varied as our volunteers. Please call Jill if you would like to help or run a program.