Silver Lake Landing
Gibson Center Housing Program
Is a 19-unit apartment building owned and operated by an independent 501c3 non-profit corporation (Silver Lake Senior Housing Corporation, controlled by the Gibson Center) on scenic Silver Lake in Madison, NH providing affordable independent housing for seniors (age 62+) with preference given first to Madison residents, then Carroll County residents, then New Hampshire residents. To maintain its tax-exempt status, a portion of the units at Silver Lake Landing must be rented to low or very low-income seniors. Silver Lake Landing does not provide assisted living or nursing home services to tenants.
- There are 9-first floor apartments and 10-second floor apartments. Some units have direct exterior access, some have common hallways.
- There is no elevator access to the second floor.
- Sixteen units have 2 bedrooms, three have 1 bedroom.
- All units have at least 1 full private bathroom; some have 1 ½ or 2.
- Apartments are in the 600-700 sq. foot range, with open concept kitchenette, dining area and living room.
- All units have a kitchenette with landlord provided electric stove, hood, and 15-cf refrigerators.
- Dishwashers, washing machines and clothes dryers are not allowed in apartments, because we are on a well and septic system. There is an on premise coin operated laundry for tenants only with high efficiency front-loading washing machines and dryers.
The entire building has hard wired code compliant smoke detectors, fire alarms, horns, strobe lights and sprinkler protection. There are fire extinguishers and alarm pull stations in the common hallways. The fire alarm system is tied into a 24-hour monitoring service.
Current rents are:
- $740 per month for a first floor, 2 bedroom apartment.
- There is a $25 reduction for any 1 bedroom apartment and a $25 reduction for any second floor apartment.
- Monthly rents include heat (baseboard forced hot water) and hot water (off the boiler). Our rents are roughly ¾ of fair market rental rates.
- All rentals are month to month with 30 day notice.
- We do not offer sliding scale or subsidized rents.
- A one month security deposit is required.