Fun Programs, Classes, Trips, and Adventures
The Gibson Center has developed a HUGE menu of programs for seniors of all abilities and interest levels. Much of what we do has come directly from your suggestions, so keep them coming!
- Gibson Game Day: Wednesdays 12:30-3:00 PM – Play bridge, cribbage, scrabble, checkers, canasta, cards, monopoly, friendly poker, and have fun while meeting new friends!
- Wii: Wednesdays 10:30-11:30 AM & 12:30-1:30 PM
- Quilt Club: 2nd & 4th Wednesday, 10:00 AM-noon
- FUNDAY: Monday and Thursday after lunch, games, crafts, music…
- Belly Dancing Class: Thursdays at 9 AM.
- Strength, Balance & Stretch exercise program: Tuesdays & Friday mornings 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM.
- Tai Ji Quan, Moving for Better Balance: Monday & Thursday afternoons
- Blood Pressure Clinic: 3rd Monday, 11:00 AM- noon
- Knitting Group: Tuesdays, after lunch at Silver Lake Landing
- Peer Support Caregivers Group: Wednesdays 12:30-2:30 PM
Gibson Day Trips
Please sign up for all trips: 356-3231
New trip policy: when you sign up, you will be placed on the waiting list. When you pay for the trip, your name will be moved to the going list.
Vienna Boy’s Choir, Christmas in Vienna:
- Wednesday, Nov 28th.
- Price: $70
- Board bus 3:00 PM
- Dinner on own
Indian Head, A Country Christmas and Christmas Buffet with Country
Singer Jose Duddy:
- Friday Nov 30th.
- Board Bus at 9:30 AM
- Price: $54 covers transportation, buffet, tax, tip, 2 drinks and entertainment
Victoria Mansion at Christmas & lunch at Olive Garden:
- Tuesday December 4th
- Price: $31
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Magic of Christmas:
- Friday, December 14th, 2018 – 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Price: $50
- Lunch on own
- Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019
- Meet around the fire at 5pm.
- Price: $28 to drive your self or $33 for a ride from your home.
Wentworth Ice Sculptures:
- Monday, January 7th, 2019
- Price: $20.
- Bus leaves Gibson Center at 11:00 AM.
- Monday, January 28th, 2019
- After Lunch.
- Price: Envelope donation, bring money for cocoa.
Art In Bloom, PMA:
- Friday, February 15th, 2019 – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: $35 covers transportation and admission. Bring money for lunch.
- As this will be popular, you may want to brown bag, or plan on leaving the museum for lunch.
Please sign up for trips as soon as possible, we often need to make reservations weeks in advance.
Tropical Costa Rica:
- March 30-April 7, 2019
- San Jose, Coffee Plantation, Guanacastem Monteverde Cloud Forens, Arenal Volcano, Larke Arenal Cruise, Cano Negro Refuge, Zarcero…and MORE!
- Passport needed
- 9 Days, 13 Meals
- $3349 ppdo Deposit due
- October 12-20, 2019
- Highlights: Montecatini Terme, Florence, Lucca, Gothic Line, Pisa, San Gimignano, Siena, Cooking Class, Choic of a Winery Tour or a Cheese Farm…
- 9 days $3299 ppdo
- Link: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/868914
Bus Tour – Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, & New Brunswick:
- June 4-12, 2019, 14 meals, $ 1168 ppdo
- Includes: Bus, Insurance, Hotels, Admissions
- Guided tour of Acadia National Park
- Guided tour of Halifax, Peggy’s Cove, and Lunenberg
- King’s Landing Historical Settlement
- Guided tour of PEI
- “Hopewell Rocks”
- Saint John
- And time with Gibson Friends…
- Deposit due November 1, 2018