Fun Programs, Classes, Trips, and Adventures
The Gibson Center has developed a HUGE menu of programs for seniors of all abilities and interest levels. Much of what we do has come directly from your suggestions, so keep them coming!
- Gibson Game Day: Wednesdays 12:30-3:00 PM – Play bridge, cribbage, scrabble, checkers, canasta, cards, monopoly, friendly poker, and have fun while meeting new friends!
- Wii: Wednesdays 10:30-11:30 AM & 12:30-1:30 PM
- FUNDAY: Monday and Thursday after lunch, games, crafts, music…
- Belly Dancing Class: Thursdays at 9 AM. See Calendar for details.
- Chair Exercises: Mondays & Thursdays 10:30 AM. See Calendar for details.
- Strength, Balance & Stretch exercise program: Tuesdays & Fridays 10-11 AM in the Activity Room. *ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN WAIVERS* Winter Session January 2 – March 23
- Tai Ji Quan, Moving for Better Balance: Monday and Thursday afternoons
- Starts in April, YOGA with Dixi, Tuesdays at 12:30PM
- Care for the Caregiver: Wednesdays 12:30-2:30 PM
Gibson Day Trips
Please sign up for all trips: 356-3231
New trip policy: when you sign up, you will be placed on the waiting list. When you pay for the trip, your name will be moved to the going list.
Conway Historical Society:
- Second Tuesday.
- Home pickups.
- Potluck on even months.
- The December meeting is the Annual Yankee Swap.
- This pot luck starts at 6 so home pickups will begin about 4:30. bring a dish to share, and a Yankee Swap item (wrapped).
Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Tony Award® – winning Broadway musical CINDERELLA:
- Date: Sat Feb 3rd matinee
- Price: $70
Art in Bloom at Portland Museum of Arts:
- Wednesday February 14th .
- Price: $31.
- Board bus at 9:30 AM
- Bring a brown lunch bag, eat in cafe ( it will be crowded )
Portland Flower Show:
- Friday March 23rd
- Price: $36
- Board Bus at 9:30 AM
- Bring a brown lunch bag or buy from vendors
- Wednesday, April 4th.
- Dinner on own at Sebago Brewery.
- Board bus 3PM
- Price: $70
- Matinee, Sat, April 28th.
- Price: $70,
- Bring bag lunch, dinner on own @ Hart’s Turkey Farm 11AM
- Date: Wednesday June 13th & Tuesday June 19th
- Price: $18
Please sign up for trips as soon as possible, we often need to make reservations weeks in advance.
Gibson Globetrotters – Canyon Country Arizona and Utah:
- April 12-19, 2018 Highlights: Scottsdale, Oak Creek Canyon, Kaibab National Forest, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Choice of Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park or Canyon Adventure Cruise, Bryce Canyon National Park, Zion National Park, Las Vegas
- 8 days, 10 Meals
- $3299 ppdo Five Hotels to guarantee this price, deposit now due
Gibson Globetrotters – Pacific Northwest & California:
- June 18- 25, 2018 Highlights: Seattle, Mount St. Helens Visitor Center, Portland, Columbia River Gorge, Newport, Bandon State Natural Area, Redwood National Park, Eureka, Avenue of the Giants, San Francisco, Choice of San Francisco Bay Cruise or City Tour of San Francisco
- 8 days, 10 Meals
- $3599 ppdo Five Hotels Deposit due
UK by Rail:
- September 1-10 2018 Highlights: Edinburgh, Scottish Evening, Edinburgh Castle, St. Andrews, York, London, Traditional English Pub Dinner, Tour by train, rather then bus!…and MORE!
- Passport needed
- 10 Days, 12 Meals
- $4299 ppdo 3 hotels Deposit due February 22, 2018
Spotlight on Southern Charm Holiday:
- November 25- 30, 2018 Highlights: Historic Charleston, Choice of Boone Hall Plantation or Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum, James Island County Park Holiday Display, Jekyll Island, Christmas Caroling, Savannah, Andrew Low House…
- 6 days,8 Meals
- $2799 ppdo Three Hotels Deposit due May 16, 2018
Bus Tour – Ark Encounter:
- June 3-9, 2018, 10 meals, $ 750 ppdo
- Includes: Bus, Insurance, Hotels, Admissions
- Ark Encounter (Life size replica of Noah’s Ark)
- Creation Museum
- Newport Aquarium
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Wheeling Artisan Center
- And time with Gibson Friends…
- Deposit due