Fun Programs, Classes, Trips, and Adventures
The Gibson Center has developed a HUGE menu of programs for seniors of all abilities and interest levels. Much of what we do has come directly from your suggestions, so keep them coming!
- Gibson Game Day: Wednesdays 12:30-3:00 PM – Play bridge, cribbage, scrabble, checkers, canasta, cards, monopoly, friendly poker, and have fun while meeting new friends!
- Wii: Wednesdays 10:30-11:30 AM & 12:30-1:30 PM
- Quilt Club: 2nd & 4th Wednesday, 10:00 AM-noon
- FUNDAY: Monday and Thursday after lunch, games, crafts, music…
- Belly Dancing Class: Thursdays at 9 AM.
- Strength, Balance & Stretch exercise program: Tuesdays & Friday mornings 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM.
- Tai Ji Quan, Moving for Better Balance: Monday & Thursday afternoons
- Blood Pressure Clinic: 3rd Monday, 11:00 AM- noon
- Knitting Group: Tuesdays, after lunch at Silver Lake Landing
- Peer Support Caregivers Group: Wednesdays 12:30-2:30 PM
Gibson Day Trips
Please sign up for all trips: 356-3231
New trip policy: when you sign up, you will be placed on the waiting list. When you pay for the trip, your name will be moved to the going list.
Victoria Mansion at Christmas & lunch at Olive Garden:
- Tuesday December 4th
- Price: $31
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Magic of Christmas:
- Friday, December 14th, 2018 – 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Price: $50
- Lunch on own
- Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019
- Meet around the fire at 5pm.
- Price: $28 to drive your self or $33 for a ride from your home.
Wentworth Ice Sculptures:
- Monday, January 7th, 2019
- Price: $20.
- Bus leaves Gibson Center at 11:00 AM.
- Monday, January 28th, 2019
- After Lunch.
- Price: Envelope donation, bring money for cocoa.
Art In Bloom at the Portland Museum of Art:
- Friday, Feb 15th, 2019
- 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Price: $35 includes transportation and admission.
- BYO Lunch to eat on the bus, or plan to leave the museum…as the museum café may be very busy this day
Sound of Music:
- Friday, March 1st, 2019
- 3 PM to 11:30 PM.
- Price: $75 includes transportation and the show.
- Dinner on your own at Sebago Brewery
- The play with live singing and orchestration
Alvin Alley American Dance Theater:
- Wednesday, May 1st, 2019
- 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM
- Price: $75 covers transportation and the show.
- Dinner on your own at Sebago Brewery.
- The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater is a modern dance company based in New York, New York. It was founded in 1958 by choreographer and dancer Alvin Ailey. It is made up of 32 dancers, led by artistic director Robert Battle and associate artistic director Masazumi Chaya.
Please sign up for trips as soon as possible, we often need to make reservations weeks in advance.
Bus Tour – Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, & New Brunswick:
- June 4-12, 2019, 14 meals, $ 1168 ppdo
- Includes: Bus, Insurance, Hotels, Admissions
- Guided tour of Acadia National Park
- Guided tour of Halifax, Peggy’s Cove, and Lunenberg
- King’s Landing Historical Settlement
- Guided tour of PEI
- “Hopewell Rocks”
- Saint John
- And time with Gibson Friends…
- Deposit due November 1, 2018
London & Paris:
- August 21 — August 28, 2019
- Big Ben, Choices on Tour, Eurostar Train, Paradis Latin Cabaret, Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower Dinner, Seine River Cruise. Passport needed. For more information, follow the link below
- Passport needed
- 8 Days, 9 Meals
- $3999 ppdo
- October 12-20, 2019
- Highlights: Montecatini Terme, Florence, Lucca, Gothic Line, Pisa, San Gimignano, Siena, Cooking Class, Choic of a Winery Tour or a Cheese Farm…
- 9 days $3299 ppdo
- Link: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/868914
Peru: Ancient Land of Mysteries:
- January 18 — January 25, 2020
- Lima, Choice on Tour, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Local Andean Cultures, Ollantaytambo Ruins, Home-Hosted Lunch, Machu Picchu, Cuzco, Larco Museum. For more information follow the link below
- Passport needed.
- 8 Days, 13 Meals $4399 ppdo
- Link: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/930998
Sunny Portugal – Estoril Coast, Alentejo & Algarve:
- April 14 — April 23, 2020
- Portuguese Riviera, Choice on Tour, Lisbon, Fado Dinner Show, Sintra, Obidos, Fatima, Evora, Alentejo Countryside Stay, Sagres, Lagos, Algarve, Faro, Cork Factory, Azeitao, 2 Winery Tours, 5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. For more information follow the link below
- Passport needed.
- 10 Days, 14 Meals $3899 ppdo
- Link: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/930990
Bluegrass Country & the Smoky Mountains:
- Featuring Louisville, Gatlinburg & Asheville
- October 15 — October 23, 2020
- Churchill Downs, Kentucky Derby Museum, Old Louisville Walking Tour, Choice on Tour, Buffalo Trace Bourbon Distillery, Lexington Horse Farms, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Dolly Parton’s Stampede & Dinner Show, Asheville, Biltmore Estate. For more information, follow the link below
- Real ID or Passport needed.
- 9 Days, 12 Meals $3299 ppdo
- Link: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/931033