Fun Programs, Classes, Trips, and Adventures
The Gibson Center has developed a HUGE menu of programs for seniors of all abilities and interest levels. Much of what we do has come directly from your suggestions, so keep them coming!
- Gibson Game Day: Wednesdays 12:30-3:00 PM – Play bridge, cribbage, scrabble, checkers, canasta, cards, monopoly, friendly poker, and have fun while meeting new friends!
- Wii: Wednesdays 10:30-11:30 AM & 12:30-1:30 PM
- FUNDAY: Monday and Thursday after lunch, games, crafts, music…
- Belly Dancing Class: Thursdays at 9 AM.
- Chair Exercises: Mondays & Thursdays 10:30 AM. See Calendar for details.
- Strength, Balance & Stretch exercise program: is taking its summer siesta. Classes will resume September 4th
- Tai Ji Quan, Moving for Better Balance: Monday and Thursday afternoons
- YOGA with Dixi, Tuesdays at 12:30PM
- Care for the Caregiver: Wednesdays 12:30-2:30 PM
Gibson Day Trips
Please sign up for all trips: 356-3231
New trip policy: when you sign up, you will be placed on the waiting list. When you pay for the trip, your name will be moved to the going list.
Conway Historical Society:
- Second Tuesday.
- Home pickups.
- Potluck on even months.
Lupine, Polly’s Pancakes, Harmon’s Cheese Shop, Sugar Hill Sampler:
- Date: Wednesday June 13th & Friday June 22nd
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Price: $15
- Travel across the Kancamagus Highway, up through Franconia Notch to spend the day in Sugar Hill.
- We will lunch at Polly’s Pancakes, then visit Harmon’s Cheese Shop, the Sugar Hill Sampler, and tour the fields of Lupin.
- Date: Tuesday June 19th
- Board Bus at 3:00 PM
- Price: $75
- Dinner on own at the Sebago Brewery
Songo River Queen:
- Wednesday July 11th
- Price: $27
- Board Bus at 11:30 AM after lunch at Gibson Center
- $27 covers transportation and the boat ride, bring money for the frozen custard
- The SONGO RIVER QUEEN II is a privately built replica of the famed Mississippi River Paddle Wheelers. The QUEEN is 93 feet long, 23 feet wide, and tips the scales at over 100 tons, enabling it to offer an exceptionally smooth ride for even the most timid of passengers. Built in 1982, the QUEEN is meticulously cleaned and maintained to the highest of standards. She is rated for up to 350 passengers and is handicapped accessible. The QUEEN has two decks including an open upper deck with an attractive red striped canopy for protection from the sun and rain, as well as a fully enclosed lower deck, and there are restrooms on board.
- After the boat ride we will visit a real frozen custard stand. Naples Maine is know for beautiful murals
Gundalow & Wentworth Coolidge Historic Site:
- Wednesday, July 25th.
- Price: $47
- Board bus 8:00 AM
- Ride the tide on the Gundalow, a boat that did most of the trucking before railroad and trucks.
- Afterwards visit the Wentworth Coolidge house, which has beautiful gardens
Castle in the Clouds:
- Tuesday August 14th.
- Board Bus at 9:00 AM
- Price: $26
- Money for lunch or bag lunch
Hansel & Gretel, the Ballet:
- Friday August 17th.
- Board Bus at 2:30 PM
- Price: $44
- Dinner on own at the Foreside Tavern
Sophie C Mailboat:
- Tuesday August 21st.
- Board Bus at 11:45 AM
- Price: $45
- Early lunch at Gibson Center
SeaDogs vs. NH Fisher Cats, (Daily theme: Women in Sports):
- Mon, August 27, 4pm – 11pm
- The Gibson Center bus will travel to Hadlock Stadium to watch the SeaDogs play the NH Fishercats. The theme for the evening is Women in Sports, so there will be interesting tidbits throughout the game. Bring money for food, as they do not allow any food or water to be brought in. (or bring a bag lunch to eat on the bus)
- Call 356-3231 to sign up for this trip.
- Price: $25 covers reserved seats, and the bus. Food is on your own
Two Lights and the Lobster Shack:
- Wednesday August 29th & Tuesday September 18th.
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Price: $18
- Will stop for Ice cream
- Wednesday September 12th.
- Board Bus at 9:00 AM
- Price: $50 includes lunch and the show.
- Two choices for menu
- Thursday September 27th.
- Board bust at 3:00 PM
- Price: $70
- Dinner on own at Sebago Brewery
- Must order tickets soon
- Senior Day Tuesday October 2nd.
- Board Bus at 9:00 AM
- Price: Suggested donation is $5
- Spend the day at the fair, no parking hassles
- Will return home mid-afternoon
Elton John Tribute:
- Thu, October 4, 2018, 2pm – Fri, October 5, 2018, 1am
- From Las Vegas to Manchester’s Palace Theatre – a unique show featuring the greatest hits of famed artist, Sir Elton John. The show will cover over 40 years of Elton John music, and will be performed by Las Vegas’ renown Elton John tribute entertainer, Jeffrey Allen! He will be performing hits like Rocket Man, Crocodile Rock, Candle in the Wind and many more Elton John Classics. His performance will be punctuated with the flair so associated with Elton John such as outrageous costumes and bold oversized eye glasses! Jeffrey Allen presently performs regularly in Las Vegas as Sir Elton John with the longest running Impersonator Show, “Legends in Concert” as well as for several major cruise lines!
- Please call 356-3231 to sign up for this trip.
- Price: $85 covers the cost of the ticket, and transportation.
- Dinner on own at Athena’s http://athensnh.com/menus/
Please sign up for trips as soon as possible, we often need to make reservations weeks in advance.
Spotlight on Southern Charm Holiday:
- November 25- 30, 2018 Highlights: Historic Charleston, Choice of Boone Hall Plantation or Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum, James Island County Park Holiday Display, Jekyll Island, Christmas Caroling, Savannah, Andrew Low House…
- 6 days,8 Meals
- $2799 ppdo Three Hotels Deposit due
Tropical Costa Rica:
- March 30-April 7, 2019
- San Jose, Coffee Plantation, Guanacastem Monteverde Cloud Forens, Arenal Volcano, Larke Arenal Cruise, Cano Negro Refuge, Zarcero…and MORE!
- Passport needed
- 9 Days, 13 Meals
- $3349 ppdo Deposit due September 22, 2018
- Gibson Center presentation, Wednesday, June 20th at 12:30PM
- October 12-20, 2019
- Highlights: Montecatini Terme, Florence, Lucca, Gothic Line, Pisa, San Gimignano, Siena, Cooking Class, Choic of a Winery Tour or a Cheese Farm…
- 9 days $3299 ppdoS
- Slide show, June 20th after lunch.
- Link: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/868914
Bus Tour – Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, & New Brunswick:
- June 2-10, 2019, 14 meals, $ 1168 ppdo
- Includes: Bus, Insurance, Hotels, Admissions
- Guided tour of Acadia National Park
- Guided tour of Halifax, Peggy’s Cove, and Lunenberg
- King’s Landing Historical Settlement
- Guided tour of PEI
- “Hopewell Rocks”
- Saint John
- And time with Gibson Friends…
- Deposit due November 1, 2018